Introducing the Reversible Tote Sewing Pattern!
This pattern is perfect for anyone who loves to sew and wants to create a versatile and stylish tote bag that is fully reversible. With easy-to-follow written instructions, step-by-step photos, and a comprehensive sewing video, this pattern is perfect for beginners and experienced sewists alike.
The Reversible Tote Sewing Pattern includes:
Pattern pieces you can print at home to create full size pattern pieces or use the cutting measurements chart to cut your materials. Full written instructions and photos and a full video sewalong provides you with all you need to sew a fully reversible tote bag with two unique and stylish looks.
An AO size file is also included to send to a copy shop to print your pattern pieces all on one page. A cutting measurement chart is also provided for those who like to use a cutting chart instead of printing pattern pages.
Have some fabric fun
You can choose to use contrasting fabrics, so you can have a completely different look on either side of the bag. The pattern also includes instructions for adding a zipper pocket and a slip pocket on either side, perfect for storing your phone, keys, or other essentials.
Step by Step Sewing Video included
A sewing video comes with this pattern which is a great resource for visual learners. I personally take you through every step of the sewing process to sew your reversible tote. You can pause and rewind the video as many times as you need to ensure you are following along correctly. There are also links in this pattern that take you to the same step in the video as is in the step in the written instructions. This makes it a great option for those who are new to sewing or need a refresher on certain techniques.
Who is this pattern for?
This Reversible Tote Sewing Pattern is the perfect project for those looking to expand their sewing skills, or for those who just want to create a stylish and functional tote bag that can be worn on either side. It’s also a great gift idea for anyone who loves to sew or who appreciates handmade items.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get your hands on the Reversible Tote Sewing Pattern today and start creating your own reversible one-of-a-kind reversible tote bags.
27cm (10 1/2”) Wide at Base
35cm (13 3/4”) Tall
15cm (6”) Deep
Below is a list of fabric options for making your Reversible Tote. Assign your fabrics as Exterior or Lining for fabric requirements. In the pattern there is a full detailed list with checkboxes you can use for the options you choose
If using Fat Quarters (FQ) to make your Tote you will need the following:
Exterior Pieced Panel Option
- 1 x FQ – Exterior Top
- 1 x FQ – Exterior Bottom
Exterior Full Panel Option
- 1 x FQ – Shoulder Straps – You will need to cut and join pieced together to make 2 straps 29” long OPTIO
- OR 1” wide webbing 1mt/yard
- 2 x Feature Strips for Exterior Pieced Panel Option – Use offcuts from Lining fabric
- OR 1” wide Webbing
- 1 x FQ – Slip Pocket
- 1 x FQ – Zipper Pocket
If using Fabric by the Metre/Yard to make your Tote you will need the following:
- Exterior Top – 30cm (12”) by Width of Fabric (WOF) 112cm/44” – (Pieced Panel Option)
- Exterior Bottom – 25cm (11”) by WOF 112/44” – (Pieced Panel Option)
- Exterior Full Panel – 50cm/22” x WOF 112cm/44” (Full Panel Option)
- Lining – 50cm / 22” x WOF 112cm/44”
- Shoulder Straps – 25cm (11”) x WOF 112cm/44”
- OR OPTION 1” wide webbing 1mt/yd
- Feature Strips – 8 cm (3”) x WOF (you can use offcuts from fabric above)
- Slip Pocket and/or Zipper Pocket – 30cm (12”) x WOF 112cm/44” is enough to make both pockets
Interfacings and Stabilisers Feel free to use your preferred interfacing and/or adjust your interfacing for the fabric you are using. For example if you are using a heavier weight fabric such as Cotton Canvas or Waterproof Canvas you may choose to reduce the weight of the interfacings or eliminate using interfacing all together.
Interfacing Suggestions based on using Quilting Weight Cotton Fabric
- Exterior and Lining – Fusible Woven Interfacing – Medium to Heavy Weight – 1 mt/yd x WOF 112cm/44”
- Shoulder Straps – Fusible Woven or Non Woven Interfacing – Light to Medium Weight 1/4 mt/yd x WOF 112cm/44”
- Zipper Pocket and Slip Pocket – Fusible Woven Interfacing – Light to Medium Weight – 1/4 mt/yd x WOF 112cm/44”)
- Zipper Pocket Facing – Fusible Non Woven Interfacing (small piece) 3” x 13”
I prefer using Non Woven Interfacing for my Zipper Pocket Facings as it helps reduce the risk of the facing stretching when sewing which also helps reduce the risk or getting wavy zippers but you can use a Light Weight Woven Interfacing if you don’t have Non-Woven Interfacing on hand.
Stabiliser (If you would like to make a more Structured Tote)
- Decovil Light or Peltex or alternative firm stabiliser – ½ mt/ ½ yd WOF 90cm/1yd recommend for FULL PANEL OPTION only. I DO NOT recommend adding a zipper pocket where Decovil or a stabiliser has been used.
Zipper (For Optional Zipper Pocket) – The length is longer than the finished zipper pocket. e will be trimming it down to size during the sewing stage.
- Zipper Tape #5 – 13” (or you can use #3 Zipper Tape which is the same size as a dress zipper)
- 1 x Zipper Pull #5 (or #3 the same size as the Zipper Tape you are using)
- 1 x Dress Zipper 14” or longer